Once your kids come to a toddler age they are ready to sleep in their own big beds instead of the crib. Around the age of two most of the kids can easily move out of their cribs which indicates that they can now sleep on their own beds. Bed for your toddler is small in size which contains a crib sized mattress. The size being similar to that of the crib, makes it easy for your child to get over the transition. The mattress for your toddler should be very cozy and comfortable. It should be made of the material which keeps them cushioned and cozy.
Materials for toddler mattresses should be considered as a prime check points. There are many toddler mattresses available which are made of cotton, wool, memory foam, coils etc. There are advantages for each of the types of materials used for the mattresses.
– Cotton: Cotton is a great material for mattresses as it provides great comfort and is breathable material.
– Wool: Wool is great if you are living in areas with cold weather as it provides warmth and is comfortable too
– Memory foam: Memory foam is great when it comes to support and comfort for your children. These mattresses are very sturdy and durable
– Organic cotton: organic cotton material is a great option for children who suffer from allergies. This material is completely natural and cause minimum allergies to kids who use the mattresses.
The other important aspect of toddler mattress is the covers. It is very important to invest in multiple number of covers for the mattresses. Toddlers are in the verge of getting putty trained and can sometimes wet the mattresses. In such cases, it is important to use covers as it will help in cleaning the stains easily. A water resistant and stain resistant covers can help avoiding the seepage of water in the mattresses too.
Points to look upon before buying toddler mattress include
– Material of the mattress
– Posture attained with the mattress
– Off gassing issues with synthetic material containing mattresses