“Most garden furniture is made of hardwood and metal materials, which on their own make a stylish addition to any home, but are not really comfortable as seating utensils. Garden furniture is often provided with cushions to give a more masculine design with hardwood seats and tables comfort and shine, ”says Elsa von outdoorfurnitureonline.com.au
However, not all pillows are created equal.
There are some types of upholstery that are intended for outdoor decor while there are those that are only intended for indoor use.
And then there are these hybrid types that can be used anywhere you want.
However, when choosing other pillows, the materials used should be able to withstand long-term exposure to the elements and have a defense mechanism against the forces of nature.
Another consideration is their attractiveness and design, and how the materials will blend into the hardwood or wicker furniture that they will work with.
Aside from looking at the materials, it is important that you take a holistic view of this problem and analyze the various components of exterior pillows. This, in turn, can help you decide which material is best for your project.
The core material or the core of the pillow is what is inside. It is the main component and gives the pillows their characteristic bounce and fluff. There are two things to consider with pillow core materials: strength and density.
The right core pillow should be firm and not too hard. It should be just the right softness for it to sit comfortably, but not too soft that it flattens out after a few minutes of sitting.
Waterproof pillow cores are especially desirable if you live in an area with a humid climate, but if you have lots of sunlight it would be just nice to have them.
Here are some of the materials that are used for outer pillow cores:
- Polyethylene terephthalate – More commonly known as PET or Dacron, this is a synthetic polymer resin that has been patented as a fiber filling technology. This is done in the form of a durable foam padding that provides optimal support while maintaining its strength and density. It is known that no matter how heavy the inmate will be, it will not be flattened.
- foam – This is the traditional pillow core filling and comes in a range of densities not to be confused with physical thickness. As a rule of thumb, the higher the foam density, the firmer it is and can carry heavy weights.
- Polyester filling – This is the kind of thing you find in cheap outdoor pillows that flatten easily and offer no support at all.
Covers protect the core from the element and give the pillows their design and elegance. Pillowcases often look the same, especially when they are the same color. However, if you look carefully you can tell the difference in texture and finish.
When buying pillowcases, it’s important to check how waterproof it is and how well it protects the pillow core from rot and mildew. Remember that most of the time the pillows are placed outside and left alone to battle the elements.
Here are some of the materials used for outdoor pillowcases:
- parasol – This is a patented fabric that is lightfast and 100% waterproof. The solution-dyed acrylic fabric is also mold and mildew resistant.
- Cotton cloth – This is the traditional material used to make pillow cases. A great feature of this material is that it can be dyed for color, but it is not waterproof, mold and mildew resistant. To work around this problem, you can spray it with a waterproof solution every year or so.
- Textilene – This consists of polyester yarn coated with PVC plastic. This cover material tends to get hot when exposed to the sun and does not allow the air to breathe between the cushion and the body sitting on it. This material is waterproof but can easily be torn.
With the information provided, it will be easier to answer the question: “What is the best material for an exterior pillow?”
Given that you are looking for an exterior pillow material that will protect against the elements, mold, and mildew while maintaining its strength and density, you can assume that a dacron core exterior pillow with a Sunbrella cover will be the best exterior pillow anywhere Weather.
Both materials are expensive but offer the most perks and the greatest convenience when it comes to entertaining guests outdoors.
Cost and comfort and sometimes with each other and it is surprising why that is so. Combine the designs you want and see if they are available in the material you want. This is still the best way to find out which material is best for outdoor pillows.