The wall-mounted toilet is a refreshing feature for every bathroom. It has been popular in Europe for many years and the US seems to be adapting this idea as well.
In addition to looking very modern, wall-hung toilets offer several advantages. They are very practical and make the bathroom more spacious.
The main feature of the floating toilet is the water tank, which is located behind the wall. We still have access through the flush plate.
However, it is not visible. The wall holds the bowl and the pipes are connected to the water tank in the wall.
Things to consider:
Image source: Adams + Beasley Associates
Wall mounted toilet is a great option when you need to think about space. Not only do you get extra legroom, but you also get a fully functional toilet that not everyone has. In fact, many people will surely want to copy this idea from you.
Shopping for your home can get really long and even tiring, considering all the things you will need. Even more so if you’re not sure what to look for.
With this in mind, we’ve made a list of the best selling products you might want in your bathroom. By reading it, you will have a clearer idea of what you need and what you don’t.
Image source: TG studio
The main difference between these toilets and the classic ones is how they are attached to the wall. Because the tank is in the wall, there is more space on the floor.
This is especially useful in tight spaces. It’s common in public toilets, and among other benefits, it’s easy to clean under the bowl.
In this way, the toilet is more hygienic and does not save on the harmful materials as usual. The retrofit will require additional building materials to attach the toilet to the wall.
As a side note, when looking for a bowl cleaner be sure to check out this list of Toilet rated.
What is it?
Image source: CUBIC Studios Limited
Wall-hung toilets do not require a base. Instead, the water tanks and bowls are placed against the wall and remain solid and stable due to the strong construction.
- You can adjust the height of the toilet and install it according to your physical needs. Depending on the model and structure of the bathroom, there are certain limits on how high or how low they can be placed.
- You can choose the installation location that is most convenient for you. The only requirement is water, which should be nearby. That being said, you can see exactly which place is best for your toilet and make the bathroom more stylish and airy.
- Without a base, wheelchair users have easier access to the toilet so that the footrests can pass under the bowl. Also, these users can turn around and move around the bathroom more easily.
- It’s a lot easier to clean than the plinth toilet. Not just under the bowl, but the entire design is simpler and easier to care for.
- The concealed water tank makes it easy to adapt the bathroom to the rest of the house. Simple designs have been popular for so many years and this toilet is very stylish and goes really well with modern and traditional homes.
- You can cut your water bill as this toilet uses less water to flush. They will also be more environmentally friendly.
- Wall-hung toilets are an innovative invention and therefore have high-tech features such as automated lids, lighted trays, integrated dryers and the like. These features add comfort to your bathroom and make it even more attractive.
Image source: Nasciturus design
Image source: Yiangou architects
- If you’ve previously used an in-floor toilet and have just decided to switch to the wall-mounted model, some complications can arise. First of all, you need to remove the drywall to replace the standard toilet.
- If your plan is to put the toilet in a small corner, then you must have the opportunity to build around the tank. Even so, your bathroom needs a lot of remodeling, so the best time to switch to the wall-hung toilet is during the entire renovation.
- These toilets require thicker walls to support the tank and carrier system. It can easily happen that you are not required to install one in your bathroom. If you really like it, there is a creative way to make the changes you need.
- The installation is more expensive compared to the floor toilet.
- It must be installed by an expert. If you don’t install it correctly, you will have problems all the time. This toilet takes more upkeep than a standard toilet, so you may need to switch and adjust a lot.
Average cost of installing floor and wall toilets
Image source: Narofsky architecture + ways2design
Floor toilet installation ranges from $ 200 to $ 500. It involves purchasing the items and installing them yourself, while the same procedure for wall-hung toilets ranges from $ 1,500 to $ 2,000.
The price is higher because you have to buy more parts and the installation is also more complicated. Therefore, it will take more time to install the support frame or reinforce the existing walls if necessary.
Image source: Exit – interior design
If you really like the idea of a wall-mounted toilet, but your budget doesn’t allow you to get one for your bathroom, or if you just don’t have the necessary conditions, the floor-mounted toilet with a tank in the wall is a great alternative.
Installation is cheaper because you don’t have to create support and you can still save a lot of space.
If you want to install the toilet yourself without professional assistance, these prices are lower. However, this is not the smartest choice as you can get this wrong and still have to spend the money on repairs.
Wall-hung toilet, classic or modern?
Image source: Falchi Interiors
Which of these is the best toilet for you? Do you prefer a classic or modern design? It is important to note that wall mounting may be the best between these top of the line toilets as you can choose from a wide variety of designs, shapes, and sizes.
Of course, other models can offer other designs, but none of them are as stylish.
Image source: Tailored for Khyber
You should think of the whole house when choosing a toilet. It is not recommended to apply different styles to different rooms. However, the charm of this type of toilet is precisely the ability to adapt to both modern and classic styles.
Whichever you choose, a clean, spacious and compact bathroom will fit in. If your house is small and you are constantly short of space, this is the perfect choice!
A high quality wall mounted toilet will even inspire you to make some changes and get more space in other rooms. You will see that once you can move around easily in a modern, comfortable environment, you no longer want to return to cramped, cramped spaces.
One thing that you should also be aware of is the water tank on this toilet. Because it wastes less water and determines water pressure effectively, you have fewer problems with leaks, standing water and the like.
Image source: Kelly & Stone Architects
When renovating your home, or more precisely your bathroom, the first thing to consider is what to look for when buying a toilet.
It’s an important factor and part of your bathroom so you need to pay a lot of attention. You probably won’t be changing it anytime soon, so think about all of the things related to it.
The wall-mounted toilet is a great choice for any bathroom, so the tank hidden in the wall offers more space and makes it look fancier.
Image source: Home Design LLC
It can adapt to any style, modern or classic. It also saves water, so the flushing system is better structured compared to the standard toilet.
To install a wall-hung toilet, you will need more money. Not only is it quite expensive to install, but you have to buy many parts for it.
Image source: Alexander James Interiors
The retaining walls your bathroom may need also add up at this price. However, once you are done and have this toilet in your bathroom, you will love it!
You can clean under the bowl and keep everything more hygienic than before. The space and design will give your bathroom a whole new feel and you will proudly flaunt it!