Now that summer is fast approaching, there are a ton of things to plan out for, from swimwear to where to go to vacation. Regardless of where you want to vacation in the upcoming summer season, beach house design is an important consideration.
It’s safe to say that you and your whole family will love the beach and all it has to offer. Do you spend all your vacations here? Aren’t you bothered by the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore? If you answered positively to each of these questions, it is time to stop spending exorbitant amounts of money on hotels and instead focus on building and designing a beach house.
When it comes to beach house interiors, it’s actually a lot easier than that of a more traditional house. This is because the ocean is a great source of inspiration for many different beach house design ideas. This includes finding various shells on the beach itself that you can use throughout your interior space.
Here are some other different beach house interior decorating ideas that you can write down and inspire for your own use.
Coastal style interior
One design style that is very popular with both homeowners and interior designers is the contemporary coastal style. It’s a style that essentially reminds us of the beach itself, which makes it really perfect for the interior of a beach house.
It really creates an atmosphere that is cheerful, airy, and relaxing, which is what contemporary coastal style is essentially about. Even better is the fact that there are actually several different versions of this style, meaning that you have a choice which you think will work best for your beach house.
On the other hand, you want to make sure that you don’t clutter the interior with every little beach motif you find. As with any other type of design style, you always want to make sure that you maintain a good sense of balance.
LIVING ROOMS THAT ARE COLORFUL
Adding color to your living room will help you bring the beach indoors. For example, consider adding aqua to your accent pillows and rug and taking inspiration from the ocean. Additionally, bright orange highlights can help attract more attention.
BORROW COLORS FROM SHELLS, SURF AND SAND
Designing the interior of your beach house in coastal style is a great way to get you closer to nature. All you have to do is borrow from the beach’s color palette yourself. For example, use a white background with the option to add other neutral colors as well.
ELEMENTS THAT ARE ORGANIC
Perhaps one of the most exciting parts of designing a beach house is choosing the different types of furniture that are throughout the interior of the house.
The best types of furniture for these interiors are generally made from organic materials and natural fibers as this helps create an experience that reflects beach life as closely as possible. Other pieces include rattan furniture, wicker tools, natural oak-framed beds, bamboo blinds, and linen chairs.
Overall, beach house furnishings never have to be extravagant or expensive. On the contrary, it should be more fun. There are actually quite a few different beach style variations that you can play around with to get your creative juices flowing, including the nautical style, the tropical style, and the popular but classic beach style.
OTHER BEACH DECOR IDEAS
* Decorative seashells: As we all know, there are many different types of seashells, and any beach house you visit is sure to be full of them to decorate. You can either use large seashells as decorative items in their own right, or find items that are either decorated with seashells of various sizes or made up of shells.
* Starfish: This is something that is sure to add a more natural feel to the overall decor of the interior of your beach house. Usually they are completely dried out and have a bleached white color; However, sometimes they are also painted in different colors.
* Artfully filtering light: hanging a curtain or drapery that naturally looks more like gauze can help diffuse natural light from outside and act as a glowing backdrop for whatever is in front of it. even a simple object like a chair.
The general idea here is to gracefully reveal the window instead of hiding it completely. All you need is a single slab of sufficient length to create a generous amount of pools on the floor.
* Creating Art from Beach Bounty: Never make random items like seashells disappear. You can use them in other areas of your interior as well as in decorative parts such as glasses.
* Use interior signs: There are many different signs to match the interior of your beach house. These are made of pewter and have a paper pattern on top, meaning they are not intended for outdoor use.
* Bring mermaids into your home: Mermaids can even be used to decorate your beach house … in ceramic or metal form, of course.
* To stage an airy tableau: Take a moment to imagine a certain place that you walk by every day. More open parts are great because they let light through, including those that can be hung.
* Bring in more natural light: If you want to spend a day at the beach, you need to soak up the sun. This means that natural light is the most important factor in any type of interior design on the coast. Consider installing large windows or doors to let plenty of natural light into the room.
As mentioned earlier, there are many different interiors on the coast that make good beach houses. Regardless of which style you go for, stick to the basics to create a great indoor environment.