Bars aren’t just for bachelors and singles. In modern homes, a bar is a center for family entertainment, showing style and personal taste.
Remodeling your bar is a great way to spice up your home. And not to mention the remodel is a fun way to explore the variety of styles and ideas available.
Who knows you might have an original design! How neat is that?
Here are nine bar remodeling ideas to inspire your creative muse.
Swap Location – Would you like to create a drastic bar remodel? Try a new place for your bar.
- Basement bars are very popular and ideal for creating a sports bar for live games and video games.
- You can move your bar from the kitchen to the living room to show off to friends.
- Or place your bar in the kitchen for a fabulous wet bar with a sink.
- Why not go all the way and create an outdoor bar? This option is best for people who live in areas with fine weather for most of the year.
- Take advantage of the corners of your home to create cozy bars. For example under the stairs.
- Make use of redundant rooms at home such as unused rooms and closets.
Think Surface – a nice idea for remodeling your bar is changing surfaces and table tops.
- Pull out a classic look with materials like granite and marble.
- Or you can alternate granite or porcelain tiles with strips of metal or wood.
- Use metal sheets for a contemporary look and to fit over the surface.
- If you prefer wooden panels, you should cover them with your favorite color and cover them with varnish for protection.
Lighting – brilliant lighting techniques may be all you need for a bar renovation.
Lighting effects can be created with:
- Candlesticks for an elegant vintage style.
- Glass ball shines in strong colors such as purple and turquoise.
- Ceiling LED lights for individual wall bars.
- Branch chandelier for a rustic design.
- Silver cone-shaped pendant lights match metallic surfaces.
- Whiskey and beer bottle chandeliers for a whimsical look.
Make a wet bar
Wet bars make it easy for you to catch spills, mix drinks, and rinse glasses. If you plan to move your bar into the kitchen or outside, a wet bar might be for you.
Here are a few factors to consider.
- Connect your kitchen with the dining room with a nice wine bar.
- Stainless steel counters not only offer a modern look, but also counters that are resistant to frequent spills and splashes.
- You can use spaces under the stairs or in a closet to create corner bars with their plumbing.
- Optimize the installation with a few more add-ons. Add a prep area for mixing cocktails that either drains into the sink as well or has its own sink.
Think Storage – You can change the storage options of your home bar for a more dramatic look.
- Built-in cabinets are expensive, but they also give your bar a more durable look.
- Other storage options include; Buffet table, cabinets and bookcases.
- Wine racks with glass holders.
- Liquor cabinets mounted on the walls.
- Quirky options like suitcase bars, wine barrel bars, piano bars.
- Furniture cabinets for a vintage look.
Chairs – Change the seating options and arrangements for a fresh look.
Bar stool designs vary depending on functionality and taste.
- Industrial stools are sleek designs for a contemporary look.
- Leather stools are warm and exude a rustic and homely atmosphere.
- Suspended bar stools harmonize with contemporary design due to their simplicity.
- Wicker stools are great for outdoor bars and add a tropical feel to them.
- Modern bar stools come in a variety of styles and designs to suit numerous tastes and influences.
- You can swap bar stools for lounge and vintage chairs. Before doing this, consider the space in your bar, as chairs take up more space than stools.
Add a foot rail
The foot rail is a major bar upgrade for comfort and support. By adding a foot rail, you can give your home bar a traditional pub feel.
Aside from the sophistication and aesthetics, foot rails provide comfort to your guests, a great feature for your home bar.
Foot rails They come in a variety of contemporary designs and colors and are made from brass, bronze, copper, stainless steel, and even wood. Polished foot rails leave footprints and are more difficult to care for than foot rails with satin and matt surfaces.
Devices and accessories add a lot of detail to your unique style and preferences. When converting, pay attention to the type of bar accessories and devices you want to use. Before remodeling, consider the main functions of your bar and create space for these functions.
You can work with color themes to achieve a consistent look. Topics can be contemporary, classic, modern, rustic, or quirky.
Design options include;
- Use open shelves to display vintage barware, hang wine glasses, and store napkins.
- Use elaborate moldings and milling to create a sophisticated look.
- You can also use paintings and glazed cabinets against the backdrop of concrete tiles and antique mirrors to add visual depth.
- Create a minimalist look with metal furniture and hidden appliances.
- Create a tropical ambience with dark wooden surfaces, wicker stools and a soft green patina.
Use free-standing poles
If you’re on a tight budget and are pressed for time, why not try a freestanding bar. Freestanding bars are convenient and can be bought online and in furniture stores. All you need is to create space.
Important factors to consider before buying a freestanding bar are: cost of the bar, available space, style of bar, and whether it is wet or dry. Most poles are made of wood or composite wood.
Add an island
A brilliant idea for bar remodeling is adding an island that provides extra space for making and serving drinks.
- Add bar stools for guests to sit and socialize.
- Don’t forget to add foot rails for comfort and support.
- You can upgrade to a wet bar by adding a sink for cleaning glasses and serving drinks.
Remodeling is always fun as long as you have an idea of what you want, the estimated cost, and affordability. With these tips on converting ideas for bars, it should be easy for you to make a statement with your converted home bar.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please let us know in the comments section below!