A water pond in your garden is a very nice idea. It looks very relaxing and you can create a very cozy atmosphere every time you choose to spend time outside.
Now a pond can get boring on its own after you get used to seeing it the same way every day. Backyard waterfalls can break that monotony and make it look a lot better and more original.
There are just so many designs to choose from. The style can be all natural or artistic, depending on your preferences and your garden.
Whether you put it in the pond or prefer a single waterfall in the back yard with no pond, it will beautify the whole area!
Image source: James Traynor Customs Houses
- Garden waterfalls not only look amazing, they also create a lovely and calming atmosphere. The water flowing in the background while you read, work, or chat with people will make everything a lot better. There is a peaceful feeling to it that makes you want to spend more time outside than inside. A good atmosphere is the master key to reunions, so your friends and family are sure to enjoy dropping by.
- The constant flow of water from a waterfall keeps the water clear and clean without leaving any algae behind. This will also add more oxygen to your garden, which will allow you to breed fish and grow plants.
- With a beautifully chosen waterfall design, you can make your garden look spectacular and luxurious!
- If you ever decide to sell your home, this feature will add value and you will get a lot more money than without it. Not every home has the privilege of enjoying the tranquility and tranquility of a private waterfall. Some people would even pay for this idea because it might never cross their mind!
Add curb appeal
Image source: ENVIRONMENTS Landscape architecture + construction
By adding this feature to your garden, you add real estate value and make your home much different and more beautiful than others in the area.
Your front yard will be provided with a curb in case you decide to place a pond-free waterfall there.
However, if you continue to place it in your background, you add value to your home in the same way that a patio, deck, or gazebo would.
What makes it even more attractive is the ability to cover up the annoying traffic noise as the water flow becomes louder and much more pleasant.
Improvement of social life
Image source: Landscape connection
If you are a pond lover, you can join a club every major city has for people with similar interests. You will meet new people, share your experiences and maybe get new ideas for your garden.
If you devote enough time to your backyard pond and make it really beautiful, you can even get added to the club list of the most orderly and famous ponds in your area.
Contributes to the ambience
Image source: Peninsula Architects
The sound of your waterfall creates a great, relaxed atmosphere in your garden. The natural beauty also makes you feel more comfortable and cozy while you spend time there.
Quality family time
Image source: Outdoor Magic, Inc.
Your family and friends will appreciate the beautiful surroundings you create by adding this feature. Small children can play around and you can all gather together for outdoor meals that are synonymous with quality time with loved ones.
One of the best things about waterfalls is that you can place them anywhere you want. Whether you prefer your front or back yard, just find the ideal location and install it.
Waterfalls design ideas
Image source: Jackie Glass Inc.
Once you’ve made up your mind to bring this enhancement to your garden, all it takes is creativity to perfect it. With a little planning, you can create a real oasis for yourself and your loved ones.
In fact, bespoke garden waterfalls are very common in the backyard so you can just picture them in your head and get to work afterwards!
Check out some of the backyard waterfall ideas:
Image source: Hillrise design
- Lots of green with a pond and rough rocks make a small terrace an ideal place to relax and enjoy the view.
- The stone borders with an easy flow of water through descending levels are great for this type of waterfall.
- The pond with a stone waterfall is the well-trodden path of the courtyard. The stepping stones lead to the side and the whole idea looks great.
- With different sizes and colors of the river rocks, you can create a more natural atmosphere in your garden.
- The two-tier stone waterfall with a pool and a house above looks like a fairytale backyard. The stepping stones from the back yard lead to the terrace.
- Waterfalls don’t have to be big, and a small waterfall with a built-in pond features terracotta granite which adds to the great design and idea.
- The waterfall is an amazing feature for your gazebo and patio as it is much more attractive and comfortable.
- If you already have a pool, you can turn the sides into a waterfall by creating one on the corner.
- Two identical waterfalls in a rocky terrain of many colors are perfect for a natural garden that you will love to spend time in.
- You can also use the pallets to create an amazing water feature behind your house.
- If you have an uphill back yard, you can create a show stop centerpiece that has great visual appeal.
- Even the smallest and shallowest waterfalls make a beautiful, relaxing sound that you will love to hear. With hedges and prickly grasses, the pond and waterfall look even more natural.
- The outside wall of the backyard pool offers a natural and aesthetic beauty with a modern design that includes several water features.
- A stylish stone fence is another addition to your garden that will impress your guests.
- Simplicity is the key to perfection. So when you have one or more waterfall ponds in the forest, you feel isolated from the annoying crowd and can finally enjoy the great outdoors with a great view and a pleasant sound in the background.
- If you take a closer look at a garden waterfall, you will see all the details that make it even more perfect. The sound, the bubbles, the rocks, each part plays a special role that contributes to perfection.
- A small round pond with stones and a waterfall full of flowers and grass looks amazing.
- You can create a sense of scaling with a long stream flowing into a pond. With added decoration, it looks impressive.
- Do you like zen atmosphere? Because the waterfall sound will surely create one for you. It’s not the same as the pool, but it’s much more natural and relaxing, even mesmerizing. You can freely mediate or do yoga.
Image source: Pennsylvania Landscape & Nursery Association
Image source: Custom Landscapes by Browne and Associates
Image source: Water feature professionals.
Image source: B & B Pool & Spa Center
Image source: Alderwood landscape architecture and construction
Image source: Greenleaf Services, Inc.
Image source: CAVINESS LANDSCAPE DESIGN, INC.
Why should you bother and go all the way to Niagara Falls instead of building your own waterfall in your own garden that will be there all day and all night?
It’s an amazing feature that will freshen up your yard and make you spend a lot more time outdoors than before.
There are so many ideas out there to help you create a real oasis that is great for family and friends gatherings too.
Image source: Alderwood landscape architecture and construction
You can install it wherever you want and enjoy the sound of the water flowing that blocks out the annoying sounds of traffic and neighbors.
Gardening in the waterfall is very easy so you don’t have to work too much on it. It also helps your plants and fish to grow so you have a real natural environment that everyone would love to have.
Here you can meditate, play sports, talk to loved ones, let the kids play around, or just have fun doing nothing.
It’s a great improvement to your home that even adds value in case you ever decide to sell it. Choose from a variety of waterfall designs and create your own right away.