Living in a home or apartment that suits your tastes is one of the most important things that follow your wedding. You may have lived in many places before you decided to tie the knot, but the place you have if you really get married should be the most romantic and memorable.
Newlyweds bedroom design ideas should help the couple to enjoy their life together in a well adapted atmosphere.
Implement both tastes
Image source: Becker Studios
No matter how tight it is, there is always a void between the styles of two individuals.
It’s okay to have disagreements and differences when choosing the color palettes or the theme of the rooms – some people cannot agree on these things even after years of living together.
Image source: Interior concepts by Savio & Rupa (Bangalore)
The first step in avoiding conflict and confusion is knowing what you want and what is best for your lifestyle. Perhaps you want to keep things organized at all times while your spouse is more comfortable, or you are a morning person living with a night owl.
Regardless of the differences, you should know yourself well enough to incorporate your needs into the decor.
The color pink
- If you are a woman you should know that men are neutral towards most colors but mostly don’t like pink and refuse to let it be overused. If you’ve already decided on a pink decor, try to convince your spouse by calling it a subtle raspberry that you want to combine with more masculine hues like mocha, as shades of brown go well with pink and neutralize it well.
- If you really want to include pink in your color palette, consider your partner’s favorite shade and give both of them the opportunity to shine.
An exciting color scheme
Image source: Window works
Are you looking for a way to pick the right color scheme? Let yourself be inspired by a favorite photo, a precious object or a beloved piece of furniture.
If you want to warm it up a little, you can use colors that give it a sense of sophistication and luxury. These colors include burgundy, gold, or even a rich purple.
It’s amazing what a little warm colors can do to enhance the environment in your room. Bedroom colors for newlyweds should enhance sensuality and romance.
Use of space
Image source: Kimberley Seldon Design Group
The wise use of all available space plays an important role in the construction of a “love nest” in which the couple feels well housed and comfortable.
You can turn a second bedroom into a space that can be used as a home office or just as a space to work in. If you want the opportunity to create your own floor plan, opt for a studio or an open floor apartment.
Outdoor spaces are ideal if your lifestyle includes dinner parties or other fun activities. By placing a large area rug under a dining set, you can isolate the room and define its appearance.
Another way to create this space is to place an accent piece like a fireplace or window over the seating. This way, your focal points will be more visible and accentuated.
Walls and windows
Image source: Blanchard Ltd.
A brightly neutral wall for a newlyweds’ apartment – like beige, gray, and white – allows for a wider range of bolder accessories.
The rooms can breathe more easily and radiate a fresh feeling. Creating an accent wall can be done by choosing a stylish wallpaper or even by using a bold and unusual shade.
It is best if the window treatments are simple, effective, and create a minimalist appeal that works for the couple.
Wooden blinds can also be used for decorative and practical purposes. If you’re going to go for something earthy, consider woven hues that you can frame.
Image source: Calling Howorth
- The goal of placing accessories in your room is to enhance its appearance and give it a certain personality – keep that in mind.
- Bringing a bit of sense of humor into the decorating process will bring better results. Don’t be afraid to laugh with all of the personal items you put on your shelves.
- Aside from romanticizing your room with candles and various cute items, you can add some photos to the mix to make it more personal.
- Express your personality by choosing the decor. Unique and authentic items always say a lot about your personality. Add elements that remind you of your spouse’s personality or an adventure you were on together.
In the bedroom
Attractive storage for an organized look
Image source: Alexandra Dixon Interiors
All those bells and whistles that take up space and create clutter should be hidden away or neatly packed. Choose a basket or box that compliments the theme of your room.
You can use it for all sorts of items that you can’t put down, such as: B. your keys, change or even your wallet.
Get rid of the clutter
Image source: Luke Cartledge Photography
Instead of putting all of the items you don’t know where to keep in your bedroom in a room designed for things you don’t yet need.
This can be a closet, attic, basement, or even a commercial storage room. Have the courage to throw away anything you are unlikely to use.
Image source: Compass and rose
Having just one theme in your room isn’t the only way to coordinate different pieces of furniture. Even if all of your furniture pieces fit together, it can look a bit dull and impersonal.
By choosing each piece based on its appearance and practicality, and taking into account how the other pieces look, you can create your own custom theme.
When choosing furniture, look for similar textures, colors, and materials.
If your tastes are very different from your spouse’s tastes, you can take this opportunity to combine different styles and give your room a real personality that both of you will find appealing. To make this mix you need to see what kind of pieces you own the most.
After you have determined the main style, you can complement it with different accents from different styles. Have statements throughout your space and associate them with a color or texture that shares them.
The bed as the center
Image source: Park Grove design
The heart of every bedroom is the bed as it is supposed to radiate romance and sensuality into the room in which you sleep. Get creative by choosing an interesting headboard that will add some charm to your bed. Experiment with soft colors for three walls and try something warmer and bolder for the wall behind the bed – it’s a great way to add an accent.
If you can’t paint the wall, decorate it with multiple pictures from unforgettable moments you spent together. You can even customize a headboard with a quilt or handmade gate.
Luxurious bed linen offers a lot of comfort and attractiveness. Combined with a plush blanket, a few decorative pillows and a soft throw, your bed can really stimulate the senses.
Let yourself be inspired by a common interest
Image source: Rosemarie Allaire lighting design
What better way to get inspiration than to be inspired by things that you are both attracted to and enjoy? Mixing all the elements that are part of your tastes and style is a creative process that can be really fun.
If it doesn’t work for you, hiring a professional to advise and help you make better decisions can solve the problem.
Image source: Interiors by Steven G.
Space is a big problem for newlyweds today. It may not seem easy, but with the right organization, you can easily position your bed, study, lounge, storage and dressing area.
Make the most of the space and make sure the items you receive are practical as well as aesthetic.
- Replacing a king-size bed with a queen-size bed is a low cost to free up more space for storage and side tables in the bedroom.
- Are you having trouble placing the bed linen and shoes? Then why not put a dresser in the bedroom? In addition to storage space, it is also a nice piece of furniture to keep in the bedroom.
- Adding shelves not only makes your walls more interesting, but it’s also a great way to organize any books and artwork that you have around the house.
- Combine the practicality of a wardrobe with the bathroom so that you have a minimum of hassle.
- Cabinets with sliding shutters are a real space saver.
- Glass shower stalls can hold 30 square inches and also save water.
- You can make the room more spacious with large mirrors.