Renting a dumpster is one of those things that people don’t want to think about much, but sometimes it gets really serious business.
In some situations like starting a new construction site, clearing the basement, removing garden debris and many other places where renting a dumpster becomes a necessity.
When people find themselves in such situations, they make wrong decisions, waste a lot of valuable time and money, and then regret it. We’re going to tell you about some common mistakes people make when renting a dumpster.
Here are 6 mistakes people make when renting a dumpster
1) Choose the wrong size – People assume that any dumpster would be good enough for their project, but they’re wrong. Dumpsters come in different sizes and you always have to check with the company about what size dumpster might be required for their work. Sometimes people also order a small dumpster to save money, but later they have to order another dumpster or stop their project.
2) No preparation for the arrival of the dumpsters – Often times people order a dumpster but cannot prepare for its delivery. People forget to make room for the dumpster to arrive. It may require moving cars, removing dirt, and putting down plywood before setting down the dumpster. Many time companies will charge you a fee if you are not ready for the dumpsters to arrive as it takes time.
3) Ignore company rules – Often times people ignore the rules set by the company about what can and cannot be disposed of in the rented dumpster. Electronic devices are often banned. When something that is not allowed is thrown in the dumpster and is noticed by the company official, which most of the time happens, they will ask you to remove the thing, which means go through a lot of pain to find the thing and then look for alternatives To seek means to dispose of it. Having a clear understanding of the company’s rules will help you prepare for your project.
4) Didn’t get approval – Another common mistake made by people renting the dumpster is not getting the proper permit. Depending on where you live, you may need a permit to rent and place a dumpster near you. This is mostly necessary when the dumpster is on the curb or covers part of the street. If you plan on renting a dumpster, see if your city or locality requires a permit.
5) Choosing the wrong company – Often times, people choose the wrong companies for the job. People should go to companies like ‘Rent dumpsters‘who have the clean and modern equipment and know how to deliver a dumpster. They are companies who have the faulty equipment and don’t know how to meet their time commitments. Renting a sketchy dumpster will only make your job more stressful and less economical.
6) Do not pay attention to the length of the rent – Often there is a certain length of time that the company makes the dumpster available to you. Sometimes it’s 3 days or a week. You need to ask a company beforehand to be sure of when to return the dumpster to avoid an additional fee for the late return of the dumpster.
Dumpster rental is not something you want to invest your time in. All you want is a decent company with clean equipment and plenty of time to get your job done. If this is your first time renting a dumpster, avoid these mistakes mentioned above.