You will find that there is a rising trend these days for clothes to come out of the closet and become one Part of the interior.
Racks are not only a weak solution these days, but also beautiful furniture that is fun to present your wardrobe.
If you want to take on the style of a clothes rack, prepare for a minimum as most of them are about 100 to 130 cm wide.
This also means that you should forget about the clutter too. If you don’t want your clothes on display, a hanging coat rack can also come in handy for a hallway or guest room. And a couple of coat racks can be pretty versatile.
Image source: ilumus Photography & Marketing
A freestanding coat rack comes in very handy and will definitely make things easier. It’s not just a commercial store fixture, and many of these shelves come with shelves or drawers to store things like handbags or shoes.
Image source: Louisiana Custom Cabinets
You can find everything from a wooden coat rack to a metal coat rack to a wall-mounted coat rack and coat rack. There are also clothes racks for bedrooms that come with a cover that protects your wardrobe from fading and dust.
Image source: Chris A Dorsey Photography
These things are simple, affordable, and reliable. Their greatest advantages are their ease of installation and design, as well as the fact that you can move them from one room to another. Most of them have an adjustable height from the floor.
Image source: California Closets Southdale
If you want to avoid wasting space, a wall-mounted coat rack or hanging coat rack is your best bet. And instead of spending money on buying one, you can easily make it yourself. A wooden clothes rack, for example, is pretty easy to make.
Image source: Roomscapes Cabinetry and Design Center
Or you can paint an old pipe and use it as a hanger. There are many ideas for clothes racks, especially for small rooms. Just look online and you’ll get an idea for a clothes rack before you know it. They are cheap and the DIY ideas and designs are widely available.
Image source: Mountain Sky Closets
One of the biggest advantages here is convenience. With unrestricted access to clothes at all times, you no longer have to darn a lot and spend a lot of time looking for what you need.
Image source: Highmark Builders
Your coat rack is pretty easy to make and you should make sure it fits into the room decor. For example, an industrial design doesn’t look so good in a rustic bedroom and vice versa.
Entrance area designs
A clothes rack near the entrance can be very useful. You can leave your guests their coats as well as their bags and accessories there. You can also put some shelves or compartments for these things.
Image source: Kayla Pearson
An open closet gives you more structure and you can have a frame and space underneath for the shoes. There’s also an option to display things like a vase on top.
Organization of a dressing room
A clothes rack is a must in a dressing room. If you want to help yourself keep things clean, there are tons of storage options to add. For example, two racks and a mirror are pretty good main elements in a room. A freestanding coat rack can be made to measure, and you can even make one yourself using wood and metal tubing.
Image source: Abruzzo kitchen & bathroom
A freestanding coat rack or even a wall-mounted coat rack can be ideal when you want to make things look more spacious. And it’s easy to use and very practical. Another practical solution is a rolling clothes rack.
Image source: House of L interior design
You can move it, out of sight, or keep it in a corner when you’re not using it, then bring it back in the center when you use it. Some trolleys even have a shelf for boxes, baskets or shoes at the bottom. You can even go so far as to have a full outfit that is organized, donned, and waiting for you to put it on.
Image source: Tim Barber Ltd architecture
If you choose to create one yourself, you have many options in creating it. If you have a piece of reclaimed wood and metal tubing, this is very easy and infinitely adjustable.
Image source: As good as new architecture
Depending on your needs and preferences, you can include anything from an extra rod for belts and bags to shoeboxes below. And the space above the rack shouldn’t be wasted. Nothing prevents you from putting up a wall shelf to store and display accessories on.
Storage space for clothes in the bedroom
In the bedroom, you’ll also appreciate some kind of clothes storage, and a rack can work very well here. When choosing one, you should opt for a high-performance machine that will support a lot of weight, and if possible, one with wheels. As described above, this gives you the flexibility to put it somewhere when you don’t need it.
Image source: Le Klein
Some tips for organizing:
- Storage units should be combined for different requirements. Drawers for folded items, boxes for things you don’t use often, and hangers for suits and dresses.
- Use shelf dividers to keep clothes tidy.
- Treat your closet like a small room – it will help you keep it in shape.
- Floor coverings, wall paint and lighting should not be neglected. The closet should be well lit so that you can properly see the colors of the clothes.
Image source: Big panda design
- Install a second cabinet rod just above the main rod. This gives you more hanging space and you can get a stool or bar if you can’t reach the items you need.
- Make things colorful by going for the same colors of the hangers.
- Similar items of clothing should be placed in an area, e.g. B. shirts in one part and skirts and pants in another, as you prefer.
- If you want no bumps and you want to keep things from subsiding, all knitwear like t-shirts, sweaters, socks, and even some blouses should be folded.
- If you have deep shelves, fold your clothes accordingly. If you have a dresser or other drawer, it is better to stack clothes vertically. If you have open shelves, don’t stack them too high or they may fall.
- Having a two tier coat rack helps you a lot with coordination, e.g. B. Jeans with a trendy top.
- Make sure that the clothes you use more often are easily accessible and visible. And the ones you want to wear more often should be there too. You are more likely to wear what you see more often and your most frequently used items should be kept at eye level.
Image source: Visbeen Architects
If you want to add a little functionality, check out the following things.
- Add two shelves, one below for shoes and one above for bags.
- Keep scarves and similar accessories on the side.
- Use screw hooks for sunglasses, jewelry, and belts. They’re neater than nails and work better.
- Smaller items like buttons and pens can be placed in open boxes or even glasses.
- Things that you do not use or use very rarely can be packed in cardboard boxes.
Image source: Susan Shoerack
Final thoughts with a clothes rack
If you want to organize and keep your clothes in order from dresses, pants, and accessories, a clothes rack is a great option. Some only hold a few pieces while others can support quite a large volume.
You can also get some pretty unique designs, like a spiral coat rack that is both visually appealing and practical. The most common ones are a freestanding coat rack and a wall-mounted coat rack. And depending on what you choose, just get one. It’s pretty important.