Blue has long been a classic bathroom color.
A blue bathroom has a calming effect and reminds us of sky or sea.
It makes us think of cleanliness and order. For this reason, blue bathrooms are very suitable as main bathrooms, guest bathrooms or even children’s bathrooms.
The numerous shades of blue available mean there are plenty of great blue bathroom ideas out there, some modern and simple, others elaborately themed and everywhere in between.
Blue bathroom decorating ideas can be bold or subtle. Here are some blue bathroom decorating ideas that will help you figure out how to use blue.
Blue bathroom ideas
- Use a blue and white combination
- Use bold cerulean tiles
- Try navy blue stripes
- Why not cornflower blue?
- Use an aquamarine floral wallpaper
- Try a smoke blue marble
- Experiment with a blue floral ceiling
- Use cobalt tile accents
- Try a blue striped beach house theme
- Use some nice teal shades
- Add a blue mosaic
Now let’s take a closer look at the topic.
Image source: Stone Cloud Design Build
Tips and tricks for your blue bathroom
- Blue can easily become visually overwhelming. Keep it as subtle as possible. If you’ve fallen in love with a blue sink, it should be tastefully accented. Getting all of your other essential accessories – like the bathtub and toilet – in blue is no excuse. Neutral (preferably white) accessories will make the renovation easier for you or another homeowner if you wish. Off-colored accessories are also usually more expensive. You can check this too Home improvement blog. MyHomeNeedz has some great bathroom accessories recommendations.
- Dark blue bathroom walls can be oppressive. Bathrooms tend to be small spaces, and dark colors make them appear even smaller. If you want to use dark blue on all the walls of your bathroom, you need to work on balancing it out with light blue bathroom tiles or light blue bathroom accessories. If you want to use dark blue on a wall, consider using it as an accent wall on a wall.
- For dark blue, it works much better to use dark blue bathroom accessories. Those dark blue accents can bring in a lot more color than you might think. Dark blue bath mats, dark blue shower curtains and dark blue towels cover a lot of space and prevent the room from closing like dark blue walls.
- If you choose to Theme your bathroom -an incredibly easy shot with a blue bathroom- keep it subtle. Walls covered in stencil fish may not be as timeless as you might think. Nice accent accents are cheaper, less work, and easier to replace.
- If you like to bathe, Remember to paint the ceiling a soothing, rich color of blue. Not many can afford to put a skylight over the bathtub, and not all homes make this a viable option. Therefore, sky blue is an excellent choice, but darker colors could be your cup of tea for a relaxing bath.
Image source: The Block Builders Group
Blue bathroom ideas
Blue and white bathroom
Would you like to give your bathroom a classy yet contemporary look? Blue and white bathrooms look timeless. Thanks to the blue and white color palette, you can customize your blue bathroom decor to suit your budget. This bathroom color scheme is so common and so popular that it is easy to find accessories that suit you perfectly.
Image source: Elad Gonen
If you have a lot of money to spend renovating your bathroom, go out of your way to restore the floors with beautiful blue bathroom tile. Paint the walls soothing creamy white and add some blue bathroom accessories.
Image source: Ippolito Fleitz Group – Identity Architects
You should look for shower curtains and towels that are blue and white so that the value doesn’t overwhelm your eyes. This color scheme is easy to switch to blue walls with white tiles and mostly white bathroom accessories.
For a smaller budget, add a touch of blue to your already predominantly white or cream bathroom. Use blue bathroom accessories and blue bath towels. Get a blue shower curtain. You can also add multiple shades of blue to keep the room from becoming visually dull. You can also use completely different colors for accents.
Image source: Paul Moon Design
Light blue bathroom
Light blue are very calming and reserved colors, perfect for well-lit, airy rooms or children’s bathrooms. Softer light blue can be used almost relentlessly as it isn’t particularly overwhelming to the eye.
Image source: Morgan Atelier Architecture, LLC
Light, turquoise shades of blue pop quite a bit and should dominate the blue bathroom but work better as an accent color.
Image source: Sarah Barnard Design
Baby blue works very well as the base color of the bathroom. It creates a clean look when painted on walls or used as a blue bathroom tile. There is something deeply comforting about the color. It’s also a great accent color for darker blues or other colors that brighten the general feel of the room.
Image source: Globe builder
Bright, bright blue brings a bit of life to any room, and a blue bathroom is no exception. They look especially great when contrasted with dark blues like navy. This particular color combination makes for an excellent blue marine-themed bathroom.
Image source: Melissa Lenox
Most people think of them as the colors of the sea. Coupled with weathered, lighter woods and some nautical details like seashells and anchors, it’s a perfect theme for a bathroom that is playful and clean at the same time.
Image source: Tom Stringer design partner
Dark blue bathroom
Darker blue in combination with the right accent colors can create a kind of cosiness in a room. Use dark blue for marine life themes. Bring pictures of whales, dolphins, and other marine animals. Add a touch of silver and gold. This creates a general feeling of calm, as if you are on a deep sea journey.
Image source: Godrich
Dark blues works well for more modern styling too. Combine dark blue tones with clean, straight lines and modern-looking chrome bathroom fittings. Keep everything minimalistic. This type of blue bathroom is very urban.
Image source: Robert McCurley contractor
You can also use it to create a tropical bathroom. If your room is well lit, paint the walls blue and use lighter, warmer colors for your floor tiles and bathroom accessories.
Image source: LMNTL DSGN
Use blue bath mats to secure the walls to the floor. The overall effect will be vivacious but calm, the feeling you would get if you were vacationing in an exotic area.
Image source: Designhouse Kitchen and Bath, LLC
Conclusion on blue bathroom ideas
Blue is a color of possibilities for your bathroom. It can be calming, exciting, liberating, or cozy, depending on the shade and use. It offers a great atmosphere to start and end your day. Use some of our tips and ideas to make your blue bathroom a reality.
If you enjoyed this article about blue bathroom ideas, make sure to check out these too: