The selection of photo wallpapers ranges from detailed close-ups to panoramas all over the wall. Sayings make a statement and art prints on the wallpaper replace a mural. Fancy the atmosphere of a rustic log cabin or a modern loft? A photo wallpaper with wood or stone structure changes the complete sense of space. Used properly, the printed wallpaper can give a room a very special atmosphere.
Off to the wall!
Before deciding on a photo wallpaper, you should definitely include the space proportions and their visual impact, which they can have in combination with a photo wallpaper. Because like any kind of wall applies:
- Lively patterns fit into large spaces, while in small rooms they can cause restlessness.
- Small rooms rather benefit from spacious, discreet patterns.
- In rooms without windows should be used with bright colors.
- If no entire wall surface is free, it is advisable to decorate only a certain area.
Of course, the photo wallpaper should also be selected to match the home furnishings. Because even the most beautiful wallpaper may lose effect if the device is in a completely different style or there is already too much distraction.
Advantages and disadvantages of different materials
Photo wallpapers are available as paper or non-woven wallpaper. These differ in the price, in the variety of motives and in the attachment.
- Different handling during installation
- At a paper wallpaper The paste is applied directly to the wallpaper. Thereafter, a short swelling time of a few minutes until the photo wallpaper can be pressed with a wallpaper roll on the wall.
- A non-woven wallpaper however, it is easier to handle: the glue is applied directly to the wall instead of to the non-woven wallpaper. The tear-resistant pulp texture of the non-woven wallpaper prevents the photo wallpaper from expanding or contracting. If necessary, the non-woven wallpaper can also be easily removed again, as it can usually be removed in a single web. Not so with the paper wallpaper, which in this case consuming soaked and scraped. For the paper wallpaper is in contrast to the non-woven wallpaper usually a little cheaper to buy. However, one of the two types of photo wallpaper can not be used a second time.
- Care must be taken
- Depending on which motive is decided, it may be that the photo wallpaper in a room with very low ceilings can not be installed in the full size and thus loses its expressive power. Therefore, the existing space of the room determines a bit with the choice of subject. An alternative to the photo wallpaper can therefore a pattern wallpaper be: in patterns that repeat themselves on the wallpaper, a shortening of the tracks is not usually associated with the loss of the motive. Who does not want to wallpaper a complete wall, but rather wants to set color accents, can wall decals or
- wall stickers To fall back on.